The Brain Injury Alliance of Iowa is committed to providing Iowans affected by brain injury the support and access to resources they deserve. Please contact us if your clients and patients are facing barriers in these areas. We want to help.
Join with us!!
Advocate directly using the Grassroots Action Center
Using infoNET's Grassroots Advocacy Center, you can quickly email your federal and Iowa state elected officials about the issues you care about, and get tips on making your message clear and full of impact. You don't need to know who your legislators are to use the Advocacy Center - their system will find them for you. All you need is your address, and you can email your legislators in less than two minutes. Just CLICK HERE
Dedicated members of the Brain
Injury Alliance of Iowa (BIA-IA) work together to increase the
public's awareness of brain injury and its consequences, develop
support systems, encourage appropriate rehabilitation for
survivors, and disseminate information about brain injury.
BIA-IA believes that everyone who faces life after brain injury
deserves the opportunity to achieve maximum functioning. BIA-IA
advocates for statewide public and private services and the
funding to pay for them.
We advocate for and with people with brain injury and family members by responding to their challenges and representing their concerns through legislative efforts and active support of programs created for their needs. The Alliance participates with the Advisory Council on Brain Injuries (ACBI) and other partners in efforts to improve Iowa’s capacity to support and serve Iowans experiencing brain injury and their families. These activities are guided through a state planning process governed by the ACBI and the current state plan at this link: Iowa State Plan for Brain Injury.
Listserver (subscribe to email list)
Subscribe to the Iowa Legislative Publications Brief and receive documents regarding the daily activities of the Iowa General Assembly, notices that are sent when a new legislative document is published, information and notices for specific committees, or detailed bill information.
Legislative and Policy Links
- Brain Injury Association of America - Advocacy & Government Affairs
- Iowa - Find your legislator
- Iowa General Assembly
- InfoNet - (bi-weekly legislative updates) - A publication of the Governor's Developmental Disabilities Council
- Iowa Mental Health and Disability Services (MHDS) Commission
- Olmstead - Real Choices for Iowa: Your "Olmstead in Iowa" Headquarters
Governor's Developmental Disabilities Council and ID Action
(Iowans with Disabilities in Action)
- The Iowa Department of Education's Legislative Priorities
- Americans with Disabilities Act Home Page at the Department of Justice
- Americans with Disabilities Act Document Center: This website contains copies of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), ADA regulations, technical assistance manuals prepared by the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the and other United States Department of Justice(DOJ), technical assistance documents sponsored by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) and reviewed by EEOC or DOJ. These documents have been provided by the Great Lakes Disability and Business Technical Assistance Center, the ADA-OHIO Steering Committee, and Duncan C. Kinder.
IMPORTANT: The contents of this website, informational packets or handouts, such as text, graphics, or images are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment or for legal advice or representation. Please seek out a medical or legal professional for those types of services.